- Mary ________________ (work) on this project at the moment.
- Your father always ______________ (work) in this office.
- Sarah ____________ (not want) to travel tomorrow
- ______ you _________ (listen) to me?
- ______ the children ________ (like) fish?
2. Complete the following sentences with a correct adjective in COMPARATIVE form.
- A palace is ___________ than a house
- Portugal is ________________ than Spain
- The river Nile is _____________ than the river Ebro
- A Mercedes is ________________ than a Seat
- This exercise is _________________ than exercise 1
3. Fill in the blanks with the adjective in brackets. Use SUPERLATIVE forms.
- This is the _____________ (bright) student in the school
- This little town is the _______________(far) town from the city
- Those were the ________________(exciting) holidays we've ever had.
- This model the _______________ (beautiful) woman in the world
- Your suitcase is the ______________(heavy) piece of luggage in the airport!
4. Fill in the blanks with the verb in brackets. Use PAST SIMPLE or PAST CONTINUOUS
- I opened my umbrella when it ___________ (start) to rain.
- It ______________(snow) heavily when we __________ (arrive) in London.
- He ________________(ride) his bike really fast when he _________ (hit) a stone.
- While Mary _____________ (do) her homework, her mother _____________ (read) a book.
- I came into the room while they _____________ (talk) about me.
5. Fill in the blanks with a correct place preposition. Use AT, ON, IN, BETWEEN and UNDER
- The sugar is ___________ the salt and the flour.
- Emily was waiting ________ the bus stop.
- The dog was sleeping ___________ the table and we couldn't see it.
- There were a bottle of champagne ______ the table.
- She has my keys _______ her handbag.
6. Fill in the blanks with a correct wh- interrogative.
- ____________ are you staying in Madrid? - I'm staying for a month.
- ____________ is your father? - My father is 70 years old.
- _________ type of music do you like? - I like classical music.
- _________ car is this? - It's my mother's
- ________ are you cooking now? - Because I've got guests to dinner.
7. Fill in the blanks with SOME/ANY/A/AN
- I don't want ____ apple!
- Give me ________ sugar, please.
- There weren't ________ people in the shop.
- There is _______ excellent museum in this town.
- Are there _______ museums in this town?
8. Put in order the following words to make CORRECT SENTENCES.