1. Complete the following sentences in correct CONDITIONAL SENTENCES. (0,2 each)
· If you explain everything to her she ________________ (understand)
· They won't tell the truth if the police ______________ (not force) them to do it.
· ___________you ____________ (come) to the party if they invite you?
· If she is in London she _______________ (phone) you.
· If he _____________(be) such a good friend he will help us.
2. Fill in the gaps with PAST SIMPLE AND PAST CONTINUOUS tenses (0.1 each)
· She ___________________(watch) TV while they ______________ (steal) her car.
· ________you__________ (visit) John while you _____________ (be) in London?
· When the accident ________________(happen) I________________(sleep).
· They ______________________(make) a lot of noise while I __________________(study)
· What __________yoy_________(do) when I __________________ (call) you yesterday?
3. Fill in the gaps with PAST SIMPLE AND PAST PERFECT (0.2 each)
· He _______________(drink) a lot, so he fell on the floor
· After all the guests had left he _________________ (clean) the kitchen
· He ____________________(write) a lot of books before he won the Nobel Prize
· My mother had arrived home and I __________________(not finish) the cleaning
· ___________you______________(be) to Madrid before?
4. Fill in the gaps with PRESENT SIMPLE, GOING TO or FUTURE SIMPLE (0.2 each)
· I think they __________________(demolish) this building
· Look! It __________________________(be) a great party.
· There are heavy clouds. It ______________________(snow)
· The course _________________(start) in September
· He promises he _______________(clean) all the house after the party
5. Use these verbs to write a correct PASSIVE VOICE in present simple or past simple. (0.2 each) READ/USE/BUILD/MAKE/SPEAK
· A lot of books _________________ in this library
· This dress _______________________ out of silk
· Chinese ______________________in this restaurant
· Millions of stones _______________ to make this wall in the 18th century
· Hundreds of houses___________________ in this area of the city last year.
6. Change the words to make a correct INDIRECT SPEECH. (0.1each)
· She told you: "You were in the park yesterday"
She told you that ( ) ( ) in the park ( )
· They said: "We can't accept this proposal"
They said that ( ) ( ) accept ( ) proposal
· Peter told me: "I will help you with your luggage tomorrow"
Peter told me that ( ) ( ) help me with ( ) luggage ( )
7. Choose the correct MODAL VERB. (0.2each)
· Excuse me, sir. _____________ I ask you a question? (MAY / SHOULD)
· Excuse me, sir. ________________ you open the window (COULD/MUST)
· You ______________ study harder if you want that degree (CAN/MUST)
· You ________________ clean your teeth trhee times a day. (MUST / SHOULD)
· You ________________ use your mobile phone in class (MUSTN'T / CAN'T)
8.Write a correct OBJECT PRONOUN (0.2 each)
· I bought a new pair of shoes. Do you like ___________?
· She bought a new dress. Do you like ____________?
· Sorry, speak louder, I can't hear ______________
· We are looking for Andrew, but we can't find ___________
· She is a wonderful woman, I think I love ______________