- Our flight ___________ (be) at 5.30
- We ______________ (paint) the house tomorrow
- Look at that child! He ______________ (fall)
- Maybe Sally ___________ (marry) Peter
- I promise ________________ (go) with you .
2. Fill in the gaps with a correct modal verb. Use MUST, MUSTN'T, SHOULD, SHOULDN'T, MAY, CAN, COULD
- You __________ remember to buy some food
- You _____________ eat so many sweets. You could gain weight
- You ____________ talk during the test. It's not allowed
- It ________ snow tomorrow. We should take some winter clothes.
- _________ you help me with my homework, please?
3. Fill in the gaps with the verb in brackets in PAST SIMPLE o PAST CONTINUOS
- When I heard the news I ______________ (write) an e-mail to the manager.
- Sally _____________ (do) the washing-up when the ball hit the window.
- What _________ you _________ (do) when the accident happened?
- _______ you _________ (finish) the novel while I was watching TV?
- My parents ______________ (arrive) while I was sleeping.
4. Fill in the gaps with the verbs in brackets to form a correct CONDITIONAL SENTENCE
- If she tells the truth I ________ (be) surprised
- She will finish earlier if her father _________(help) her
- If he __________(not run) faster he won't win the race.
- If they don't start working now they ___________ (not have) the project on time
- If he doesn't apologize to her, she ____________ (not marry) him.
5. Fill in the gaps with the verb in brackets. Use PAST PERFECT tense.
- She _________ (come) earlier in the morning
- They __________ (study) really hard, but they didn't pass the exam
- By the time I arrived, the police __________ (interview) everybody
- I _______ never ________ (be) to Italy before.
- She ____________ (drive) a car before, but she was quite unskilled at it.
6. Complete the following sentences with a verb in the PASSIVE FORM:
- According to the police, nobody ___________ (kill) in car accidents last month.
- My car _______________ (repair) now. We can drive to London
- I ______________ (not invite) to the party. I can't go.
7. Change these active sentences into PASSIVE sentences.
- My brother wrote an e-mail.
- They make silk dresses in Chine
8. Complete these REPORTED SPEECH sentences.
- John said: "I like this novel" - John said that he __________ that novel
- Mary said to Helen: "You are my best friend" - Mary said to Helen that she _________ her best friend.
- I said: "I will help you with your homework" - I said that I _________ help you with your homework
- They said: "We went to the park yesterday" - They said that _____ __________ to the park the previous day.
- Alice said: "I want to be a doctor" - Alice said that she _________ to be a doctor.
9. Fill in the gaps with a correct OBJECT PRONOUN
- We bought a pair a new shoes. Do you like ___________?
- Look at that car. I love ______ !
- I met Carol. I really like _______
- Peter and I told you about it. Didn't you listen to ______ ?
- My parents went to Italy, but I didn't go with __________